Power Outages

If your electric power should ever go off, it helps to know the correct procedure for reporting an electrical outage.

The first thing you should do is check your fuses and/or circuit breakers. Your assistance assuring that the problem is not located within your home will save you and the Cooperative time and money by reducing the Cooperatives costs of operation.

If your fuses and breakers are okay, check to see if your neighbors are also out of service. This will give the dispatcher some idea of the extent of the outage.

Next, have your account number handy and call Karnes Electric Cooperative to report your problem.

Karnes City Office:                  830-780-3952
Pleasanton District Office:        830-569-5538

In reporting an outage, please have the following information available (if possible). This will expedite power restoration:

1.    Your name and account number as it appears on the billing
2.    Meter Number: (if unknown, give directions to your location)
3.    Your phone number: (in case we need to contact you)
4.    How long you have been out of power
5.    Whether your neighbors have power
6.    Any information about the cause of the outage:  (tree limbs, lightening, broken poles, loud noises, etc.)

Don’t wait for your neighbors to call-they may be waiting on you!